I did mix up a batch of antibiotic with powdered sugar and sprinkled that on each hive to treat for AFB.
We purchased a polystyrene top feeder. Looking at message boards about them, I decided to add some screen mesh to the end so the bees would have something to climb on and hopefully reduce drowning.
This variety uses a plexiglass cover at the end to limit the bee exposure to the liquid. I only put an inch or so in the bottom and will see how that goes. We were quite happy with the honey they have now stored in hive #2 and feel good about winter survival. I will feed the next several weeks, though, just in case. The super in hive #1 is also being drawn out and a couple frames are getting filled with honey. We will feed this back to them in a couple weeks then remove that super.
If anyone feels we need to be more aggressive about the moths, please let us know. Otherwise, loving the 70 degree October days and good, orange pollen coming in heavily to each hive as the bees are very active during the warm afternoons.